Read This Before Buying Tazarotene
Tazarotene is a prescription retinoid product a derivative of vitamin A. It comes as a gel, cream and foam form that you apply to the skin. It is used to treat several skin conditions like:
- Acne vulgaris in adults and adolescents who are at least 12 years of age
- Plaque psoriasis in adults with raised, silvery and flaky skin
Tazarotene is also used to treat premature aging of the skin like facial wrinkling and certain types of white and dark spots on the face due to overexposure to the sun. This is done by increasing the thickness of the outer skin layer. It treats acne and psoriasis by reducing the inflammation and by keeping down the growth of the skin cells to a normal rate. It helps clear acne on the face by keeping the skin pores clear. You can buy Tazarotene Gel 5% here.
Ways on How to Use Tazarotene
Wash your face with mild soap and rinse it with water. Dry your face. Apply a thin layer of the gel or cream to the entire face which includes the jawline, hairline and ears. Apply topical Tazarotene once a day before bedtime. Your symptoms should improve in about 4 weeks. You can buy Tazarotene here.
Apply Tazarotene on the affected area only once a day usually in the evening. Before applying, wash the affected area then pat it dry. If you are using moisturizers, use it an hour before or after applying this product. You can buy Tazarotene Gel here.
For premature aging skin:
Apply a pea-sized of the cream on the entire face but see to it that you have removed all makeups. Use this product once a day before bedtime.
Possible Side Effects of Topical Tazarotene
Side effects that are mild and will go away on their own are:
- Stinging and burning after each application
- Itching, dryness, redness and peeling of the skin
Serious side effects are:
- Swelling and pain of the treated skin
- Skin rash
- Severe sting and burning of the skin
- Severe itching, dryness and peeling of the skin
Getting the Best Result from Topical Tazarotene
- Do not cover the area after each application.
- Do not use this product on healthy skin.
- Do not apply this medication on cut, burned and scraped skin
- Do not use this medication on the skin with eczema. Retinoids can cause severe irritation of eczema.
- Avoid getting this medication on eyes, nose and mouth.
- Tazarotene can increase the sensitivity of your skin to sunlight. Use sunscreen and protective clothing to protect your skin.