Obesity is a chronic disease that increases the chance of having a negative and serious effect on your body. It’s a condition of having an excess body fat. A person who is obese weight more than 20% over the ideal weight. Obesity can lead to different kinds of a medical condition.
Causes of obesity
Obesity is one of the biggest health problems in the world. It does not happen overnight. It develops gradually from unhealthy lifestyle choices and poor diet. Below are most common cause of obesity.
- Genetic – It is one of the factors that have a high risk of obesity. If one or both parent is obese then you are likely to be obese.
- Overeating – Eating food containing high calories may increase the level of fat in your body.
- Lack of exercise – The extra energy from the foods that you eat will be stored as fats if you’re not active.
- Medication – Medicines like antidepressant can cause weight gain.
- Diseases – Disorders like PCOS and Cushing’s syndrome can make a person obese.
- Food addiction- Food loaded with sugar and fats can reward the center of the brain. It causes addiction making the person lose control over their eating behavior.
The adverse effect of obesity
Complications that you might experience if you are obese include:
- Breathing condition
- Certain types of cancer
- Heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
You can avoid having some medical issues from being obese by doing the following:
- Exercise regularly
- Healthy eating
- Monitoring of weight
Common weight loss drug
There are supplements to help reduce your body fat such as:
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract
- Orlistat (Alli)
- Raspberry Ketones
- Green Coffee Bean Extract
- Green Tea Extract
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
Considering this drug to your daily diary will help you achieve successful loss of body fat.
Methods used to diagnose obese person are the following:
- Body Mass Index or BMI Test
- Waist Circumference
- Further Test
There is a treatment that can help you achieve a healthy weight.
- Orlistat (Xenical)
- Lorcaserin (Belviq)
- Liraglutide (Saxenda)
- Restrictive Surgery
- Malabsorptive Surgery
- Implanting an Electrical Device
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Vagal Blockade
- Aspire Assist