Our body needs energy to make it active. It needs energy to be able to perform daily physical and mental activities. There are several herbal remedies to boost and energize the body cells. One of these is the Ginseng. Ginseng is an herb of different varieties. It is short, light-colored, slow-growing plant with fleshy and forked-shaped roots. It has a long stalk and green leaves that are oval in shape. Ginseng can help restore and enhance our well-being. It can boost our energy and stamina. It helps improve alertness and sustain general resistance to aging, stress, and diseases.
Benefits of Ginseng
Ginseng has many health benefits such as boosting our endurance and improving our mood. Ginseng can also treat ailments and diseases such as:
- Heart disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Menopausal Symptoms
The following benefits linked to ginseng:
- Improves brain function – Ginseng stimulates our brain cells. It helps improves focus and cognitive activities. Studies reveal that ginseng works as an Alzheimer’s natural treatment. Taking ginseng daily for 12 weeks improve mental performance in people with this disease.
- Boosts immune system – Ginseng help boosts our immune system by helping our body fight infections and diseases. The roots, leaves and stem can enhance our resistance to infections and resistance.
- Helps with weight loss – Ginseng helps to suppress our appetite by boosting our metabolism. It helps our body burn fat at a faster rate.
- Improves lung function – Ginseng has the ability to treat lung disease. This is characterized by poor airflow that worsens over time.
- Improves mood and reduces stress – Ginseng has properties that can treat stress-induced disorders.
- Prevents cancer – Prevents cancer – Ginseng has powerful anti-cancer properties. It has the ability to inhibit tumor growth. Ginseng relieves cancer through antioxidant, anti-inflammatory action.
- Lowers blood sugar levels – Ginseng works as a natural remedy for diabetes. It helps improve the body’s insulin sensitivity.
- Relieve menopause symptoms –Ginseng can help decrease the severity and occurrence of menopausal symptoms. These include hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats, vaginal dryness, decreased sex drive, weight gain, insomnia and thinning of hair.
- Treats sexual dysfunction – Studies shows that taking red ginseng helps improves sexual arousal. It can also treat erectile dysfunction due to its components that helps relax the erectile tissue.
- Has inflammatory properties – Red ginseng can be helpful to children after chemotherapy. It is proven to reduce swelling and improved the damage done to the brain.
Types of ginseng
- American ginseng – can fight depression, improve focus and support digestive distress caused by anxiety and balance blood sugar.
- Asian ginseng – can boost traditional Chinese medicine for those who are weak, has poor memory and who suffers from diabetes type 2. Asian ginseng is also known as Korean ginseng and red ginseng.
- Brazilian ginseng – The roots contain an enzyme that supports healthy levels of testosterone in men. It helps improve sexual performance, , boost endurance, reduce swelling and fights cancer.
- Siberian ginseng – It helps increase VO2 max to support immunity and improve fatigue.
- Indian ginseng – It enhances longevity, balance cortisol, relieves anxiety, regulates blood sugar and improves cholesterol.
Possible side effects and interaction of ginseng
- Children and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not take Ginseng.
- Ginseng can cause nervousness and insomnia.
- Long-term use and high dose may cause stomachaches, dizziness and dizziness.
- Ginseng may interact with female hormone causing illnesses such as:
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Breast cancer