Why use Zoldonat?
Zoldonat contains Zoledronic acid that can treat and prevent many health conditions like:
- Osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Paget’s disease
- Osteolytic bone lesions of multiple myeloma
- Osteolytic bone metastases of solid tumors
Zoldonat is available here at only $17.60 per vial compared with its branded counterpart that is sold at $43.50 per vial.
How does Zoldonat work?
Zoldonat belongs to the class of drug known as bisphosphonates. Zoldonat can lower the high blood calcium. It works by reducing the amount of calcium that is being released from the bones into the blood. Zoldonat prevents the bone from being fracture by slowing down the breakdown of the bones by cancer.
How to use Zoldonat?
Zoldonat comes as a solution to inject into the veins. Usually, this drug is injected by a healthcare professional. It is given as a single dose. The second dose may be given after 7 days of the first dose. Zoldonat injection is given once every 3 to 4 weeks in treating bone damage caused by cancer that has spread to the bones. For osteoporosis, it is given once or twice a year. After each treatment, drink 2 glasses of water and another liquid within the hour. Your doctor may also recommend a calcium and vitamin D supplement during the treatment.
What are the side effects of Zoldonat?
The following are common side effects of Zoldonat:
- Mild fever
- Flu-like symptoms
Less common side effects are:
- Trouble sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Weight loss
- Mouth sores
This is not a complete list of the possible side effects of Zoldonat. If you notice other side effects not listed, contact your doctor right away.
Warning and Precautions
Tell your doctor if:
- You are allergic to the active ingredient of this drug and other medications
- You have allergies
- You have a kidney and liver problem
- You have any medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and others
- You are pregnant or trying to conceive
- You are taking other medications including vitamin and herbal supplements
- You have had a mouth or teeth problems or you are planning to have dental works.