Why use Zoclar 500 mg for bacterial infections?
Zoclar is an effective antibiotic that can fight almost all types of bacterial infections. It is prescribed to treat bacterial infections like:
- Middle ear infection
- Intestinal Amebiasis
- Minor skin abrasions
Zoclar is also used in treating and preventing disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) infections that affect people with HIV. It is also used with other drugs to eliminate bacteria that cause ulcers. You can buy Zoclar 500 mg here for only $131.42 per 32 tablets of 500 mg.
How does Zoclar 500 mg work?
Zoclar contains Clarithromycin as an active ingredient. It has a wide spectrum of activity and is active against multiple strains of bacteria. Zoclar tablet works by inhibiting the synthesis of proteins in the bacteria. It impairs the elongation cycle of the peptide chain by adhering the subunit in the ribosomes.
How to use Zoclar 500 mg?
Zoclar comes in a tablet form. You may take Zoclar by mouth with a glass of water. Take Zoclar 500 mg with or without food. Swallow the tablet whole. Take Zoclar exactly as directed by your doctor. The usual dose is 250mg to 500 mg two times a day for 7 to 14 days.
What are the side effects of Zoclar 500 mg?
The following are lists of possible side effects of Zoclar. Common side effects include:
- Stomach upset
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal taste
Rare but serious side effects are:
- Hearing loss
- Loss of appetite
- Abnormal heartbeats
- Signs of liver failure like dark-colored urine and yellowing of the skin
Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects.
Warnings and Precautions
There are things that you need to keep in mind when using this drug:
- Do not take this medication with tyramine-rich foods like smoked fish, cheese, meats and some types of beer.
- You may experience diarrhea during the course of your treatment. However, it will stop when the course is complete.
- Zoclar may cause an upset stomach. So you need to take it with food.
- Do not take any antacids 2 hours before taking the medication.
- This medication can make you feel dizzy, tired, sleepiness and decrease alertness.
- Zoclar is not safe for pregnant women.
- This drug should be used with caution in patients with liver disease.