Why buy Zidovir (Zidovudine) for HIV?
Zidovir is US FDA approved drug for the treatment of HIV infection which causes the AIDS or Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. It prevents the virus from spreading. Zidovir is a well-known drug. It is widely accepted because of its excellent safety profile. It is also used to pregnant women to stop the perinatal spread of the virus to the baby. It is given to the infected mother and to the babies 6 weeks old from birth. Zidovir is manufactured by Cipla. It is available in various strengths. You can buy Zidovir here at a very reasonable price.
How does Zidovir (Zidovudine) work?
Zidovudine is the main content of Zidovir. It is a nTRIs inhibitor that works by decreasing the chances of AIDS. The active ingredient reacts with the reproductive system of the virus by blocking the enzyme called reverse transcriptase. Reverse transcriptase is a vital part of the replication mechanism of HIV. This prevents the virus from spreading.
How to use Zidovir (Zidovudine)?
Take Zidovir exactly as prescribed by your physician. The usual recommended dose is one 100 mg two or three times a day but your doctor may change your dose depending on the severity of your condition. Swallow the tablet with a glass full of water. Avoid splitting the capsule. This medicine can be taken even without food. The treatment is usually with a combination with other drugs. Take the capsule at the same time each day. Do not stop using unless the doctor tells you to do so. The dose is dependent on the condition of the patient. Take the exact dose that is being set by the doctor. Do not alter the dose to avoid other complications.
What are the side effects of Zidovir (Zidovudine)?
Inform your doctor right away if you experience any of the following:
- Signs of muscle pain or weakness
- High blood sugar level, diarrhea, Tiredness
- Unexplained weight loss or Fat Gain
- Vision changes, headache, joint pain
- Itching, skin rash, Seizures
This is not the complete list of the side effects of the Medicine. Zidovir may have severe but rare side effects. In such cases, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
Ask your doctor of the list of the drugs that you need to avoid while taking Zidovir. These are the things you must remember:
- Have the precautions to avoid infections
- Avoid the activity that increases the risk of bleeding
- Store this medicine in a cool dry place
- Do not do a new medication without telling your doctor
Do not take this drug if you have any of the following:
- Allergic to the content of Zidovir
- If you are breastfeeding, or if you have Hemophilia
Inform your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or you are using hormonal birth control
- You have serious heart or liver diseases
- You have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have bone marrow suppression