Why buy Virovir (Famciclovir) for a viral infection?
Virovir is a medication against the virus that causes the following conditions:
- Shingles: A rash that occurs in people who have had chickenpox before
- Oral herpes (cold sores)
- Repeat outbreak of fever blisters or herpes virus cold
- Genital herpes (sores on the genitals)
- Returning herpes simplex infections of the mucous membrane and skin among patients with HIV
This antiviral drug cannot cure herpes virus. It can only stop the herpes virus from spreading to other people. Virovir is available here at only $37.38 per 24 tablets of 250 mg.
How does Virovir (Famciclovir) work?
Virovir contains famciclovir as an active ingredient. It belongs to the antiviral class of drug. Virovir works by stopping the spreading of the herpes virus that causes infection in the body. Virovir makes the virus in the body less active. It can also decrease the symptom of the infection like:
- Sore formation
Virovir decreases the length of the severity of the outbreaks. It helps keep new sores from forming and decreases the risk of the herpes virus from spreading in people with a weakened immune system.
How to use Virovir (Famciclovir)?
Take this medicine as prescribed by your physician. The usual dose is:
For shingles: Take Virovir 3 times a day every 8 hours for 7 days.
For cold sores: It is usually taken as one dose at the earliest sign of the infection.
For Genital herpes: Take Virovir 2 times a day for one day. Take it after 6 hours the symptoms appear. To keep it from returning, take this medicine 2 times a day for a year.
For herpes infection among patients with HIV: Take 2 times a day for 7 days. Take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Continue taking this medicine even if you feel well.
What are the side effects of Virovir (Famciclovir)?
This drug doesn’t cause drowsiness but it can cause other side effects like:
Serious side effects are:
- Allergic reactions like hives, wheezing, itching, swelling of the face, lips and throat.
Warnings and Precautions
Virovir comes with several warnings:
- This drug may cause severe allergic reactions. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to its active ingredients or you have allergies
- Virovir may increase the risk of kidney problems
This drug may interact with other medications. Tell your doctor if you are taking other medications including vitamin and herbal supplements.