Why use Tistigmine 15mg?
This is used to treat the loose of muscle strength. Tistigmine is to restore the normal movements of the intestine. It controls urinary retention after surgery. It is also used to treat myasthenia gravis. This is an abnormal weakness of the muscle. It is marked by weakness and atrophy. It is used to treat a defect of action in the neuromuscular junctions. This is available in pack and sizes. Tistigmine is $13.51.
How does Tistigmine-15mg work?
Neostigmine Bromide is the active ingredient of this medicine. Tistigmine works by blocking the action of a certain enzyme in the body. It prevents the enzyme that switches off the nerve impulses to the muscles. It prevents the enzyme from working. Thus, increases muscle strengths. Tistigmine is also needed for normal function of the muscle. It also works in bladder emptying in patients with urinary retention. It reverses and fights neuromuscular blockers. Tistigmine works from one person to the other.
How to use Tistigmine-15mg?
This is to be taken as per prescription of the doctor. The dosage of the medicine depends on the medical condition. Inform your doctor before you will stop taking Tistigmine. Take this by mouth with a glass of water. Tistigmine can be taken with or without a meal. Do not increase the dose than what is prescribed. Do not take more dosage at a time to make up the missed ones. For best results, take this medicine at the same time each day. Inform your doctor in case of an overdose. Chewing or crushing the medicine may cause other conditions.
What are the side effects of the Tistigmine-15mg?
The side effects of this medicine do not come very often. The major and minor side effects are:
- Increased urination, nausea, seizures
- Vomiting, abdominal cramps, dizziness
- Diarrhea, increased saliva or mucus
- Sweating, small pupil size, irregular heartbeat
This is not the complete list of the side effects of Tistigmine. Do not be alarmed of the list of side effects. They do not come all at once.
Warnings and Precautions
- Tell your doctor if you have asthma, ulcer or epilepsy
- Do not take if you have abdominal pain or blockage in the intestine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Store this medicine in a room temperature
- Keep this away from the reach of children
- Inform your doctor if you have any other allergies