Why use Tiromel-25mcg?
Tiromel is used for the treatment of underactive thyroid. Low thyroid hormones occur naturally. It also occurs when the thyroid glands are injured. This is due to several reasons such as surgery or medication. It is used to lower the function of certain thyroid disease. This is also used to treat goiter. This is approved in the US. It is available in pack sizes and strengths. Tiromel 25mcg is available here for $52.55.
How does Tiromel-25mcg work?
L-tridotironin Sodium is the active ingredient of Tiromel 250mcg. It works by replacing or providing hormones that are not active. This is normally produced in the glands that regulate metabolism. It provides a hormone that is used to regulate energy. It is vital to stay healthy. Children are also able to learn normally. This is also used for infertility due to low thyroid hormone levels. The work of this medicine depends from one person to the other.
How to use Tiromel-25mcg?
This is to be taken after a check-up. Take this as per the prescription of the doctor. Do not take more dose than what is given. The dose and duration of the treatment are set by the doctor. This is dependent on the condition of the patient. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. This is to be taken every day as per prescription. The tablet is taken with or without a meal. This is taken every morning once a day. Do not take more doses to make up the missed ones. Take it the same time each day to avoid missed dose.
What are the side effects of Tiromel-25mcg?
The side effects of this medicine do not come very often. The major and minor side effects of Tiromel 25mcg are:
- Nausea, headache, hair loss
- Irritability, diarrhea, Sweating
- Muscle cramps, weight loss
- Chest pain, insomnia, tremors
- Restlessness, muscle weakness
This is not the complete list of the side effects of Tiromel. In case of persistent symptoms, inform your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol while you are on the treatment
- Do not take this if you are taking weight loss pill
- Inform your doctor if you have diabetes or heart disease
- Do not take this if you are breastfeeding or pregnant
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from hypertension
- Avoid milk products to prevent side effects
- Keep this away from the reach of children