Why Tazret Gel .05% for acne?
Tazret Gel .05% is cheaper than its branded counterpart. It’s more effective in treating acne than other prescription-only topical retinoids like Adapalene gel. It’s even more effective in decreasing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and acne lesion.
How does Tazret Gel .05% work?
Tazret Gel .05% contains Tazarotene as an active ingredient. It works by slowing the growth of skin cells and by decreasing the inflammation of the skin cells which can lead to acne and psoriasis. Aside from treating acne and psoriasis, Tazret Gel .05% can also reduce:
- Acne scarring
- Acne spotting
- Premature aging due to overexposure to the sun
Tazret Gel reduces facial discoloration and wrinkles by causing an increase in the thickness of the outer layer of the skin.
How to use Tazret Gel .05%?
Apply Tazret Gel .05% on your skin once a day usually before bedtime. Please note that this medication is for facial use only. Before applying the gel, make sure that your face is clean and dry. Wash your face with a mild cleanser then pat it dry. Wait for 20 minutes to make sure that your face is dry. Apply a pea-sized amount on the affected areas. Use Tazret gel regularly to get the most benefit from it. If you are using Tazret gel to treat acne, your symptoms should improve in about 4weeks. If you are using this product in treating psoriasis, your symptoms should improve in about 2 -4 weeks. Consult your doctor if symptoms persist.
What are the side effects of Tazret Gel .05%?
The active ingredients may cause side effects. Inform your doctor if any of these symptoms appear:
Serious side effects may include:
- Skin cracking and rash
- Skin discoloration
- Skin bleeding
- Trouble breathing
- Severe itching
- Severe dizziness
Serious allergic reactions are rare. However, if it happens, seek medical advice right away. Remember that your doctor prescribed this medication because your doctor knows the benefit that you can get from it.
Warnings and precautions
Before using Tazret Gel .05% inform your doctors if:
- You are allergic to tazarotene and other topical retinoids.
- You are allergic to vitamin A related drug.
- You are allergic to any other medications because this product may contain inactive ingredients which can cause allergic reactions.
- You have other skin conditions like sunburn, sun sensitivity and eczema. You need to wait until your condition gets better.
- You are pregnant or planning to get pregnant. It may harm your unborn baby because this drug is absorbed through the skin.
You should avoid the following while using this product:
- Prolonged sun’s exposure. This product can make your skin even more sensitive to the sun. Use sunscreen with higher SPF’s. Wear protective clothing and sunglasses.
- Avoid sunlamps, tanning booths and waxing.
- Avoid getting the Tazret gel in your eyes. If this happens, wash it with plenty of water.