Why buy Sorafenat (Sorafenib) for Cancer?
Doctors usually prescribe this drug because it is effective at its reasonable cost. Based on surveys, patients with kidney cancer take this drug due to its efficacy in keeping cancer under control.
How does Sorafenat (Sorafenib) work?
Sorafenat works by slowing down the rate of growth of cancer cells. It blocks some of the protein kinases and is called a multikinase inhibitor. It works in two ways:
- It stops signals that tell the cancer cells to grow.
- It stops cancer cells from forming new blood vessels which they need to grow.
Treatment that stops blood vessels forming is called anti-angiogenesis treatment.
How to use Sorafenat (Sorafenib)?
Take Sorafenat exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Take this medicine on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating twice a day. Swallow the whole medicine without breaking, crushing, or chewing before swallowing. Take this medicine with a full glass of water. Continue to take this medicine even if you are feeling well. Do not miss any doses. To be sure that this medication is not harmful checked the blood pressure frequently and visit the doctor regularly.
What are the side effects of Sorafenat (Sorafenib)?
In addition to the intended positive effect of Sorafenat, it may also cause some side effects too. In such cases, consult the doctor immediately for medical assistance. Here are some of the noted side effects of this medicine:
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Hair loss
- Hand-foot syndrome
- Weight loss
- Mouth sores
- Heart burn
Warnings and Precautions
Before using Sorafenat as cancer medication, consult first the doctor for some medical advice and assistance. Take note of the following warnings and precautions before taking this medicine:
- Before starting the medication, inform the doctor about the detailed medical history of past health problems. Provide the list of allergies as well as the medications that are currently on.
- This medicine is not recommended for patients suffering from squamous cell cancer.
- This medicine is highly likely to affect the heart and may cause severe bleeding.
- Seek medical advice immediately when feeling chest discomfort, extreme dizziness, unusual sweating, vaginal bleeding or blood in vomit.
- Monitoring of blood calcium levels and thyroid hormones, fluid balance and electrolytes are needed.
- Take caution if planning to have a surgery or have been recently operated.