Why use Relgin in treating Parkinson’s disease?
Relgin is an FDA approved drug against Parkinson’s disease. It belongs to a group of drug known as monoamine oxidase (MAO) type B inhibitor. It will decrease the shaking, difficulty in moving and stiffness. Relgin tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease that is being caused by lack of Dopamine in the brain.
Relgin is available here at a very affordable price. The generic version only cost $16.89 per 30 tablets of 1mg while its brand-name cost $718.84 per 30 tablets of the same strength.
How does Relgin work?
Relgin works as a booster of the level of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine in the brain. It has Rasalgine content. An inhibitor that is effective in boosting the dopamine. It interacts with other drug but may cause severe side effects. It can be taken with or without a meal.
How to use Relgin?
Relgin tablet must be taken with a doctor’s prescription. Don’t take the tablet in large or small dosage than prescribed. Strictly monitor the kidney and blood pressure while taking the medicine.
The recommended dose of this drug is 1 tablet once a day when used alone. When used with Levodopa, the starting dose is 0.5 mg once a day. Your doctor may increase your dose to 1 mg a day if your response is inadequate.
What are the side effects of Relgin?
The effect of the tablet will occur 1 hour after taking the exact dose. Below are the major and minor side effects of Relgin tablet.
- Joint pain
- Dry mouth
- Weight loss
If these effects get worst contact your physician immediately. Few of the side effects occur rarely but serious like:
- Mood swings
- Muscle stiffness
- Swollen legs
- Bleeding or bruising
- Hallucinations and twitching
Seek medical help as early as possible. This Medicine may rarely cause allergic reactions as listed below
- Itchiness and rash
- Swelling of throat, tongue and face
- Difficulty in breathing
Warnings and precautions
- Relgin is not recommended for pregnant women.
- This is not recommended for breastfeeding women unless necessary
- Consult the doctor before taking the medicine
- Blood pressure and fainting
- Rise body temperature
- Change consciousness
- Muscular stiffness and Withdrawal
- Do not use for children and minors
- Drowsiness and dizziness may occur
- This is not recommended for the mentally disordered patients
- Do not use Relgin along foods with caffeine
Follow every necessary precaution needed to avoid severe effects of Relgin Tablet.
- Report any signs of dizziness, fainting, weakness
- Exact dose is necessary based on your medical condition
- Conduct monitoring and proper corrective measure
- Avoid high mental activities and alertness
- Inform the doctor before taking Relgin with other medications
- Ask for medical treatment in overdose cases
- Do not double the intake of dosage in case of missing dose
- Dose change needs instruction of the doctor