Why use Pyzina in treating bacterial infections?
Pyzina is a potent antibiotic prescribed by most doctors in treating Tuberculosis (TB). TB is a disease caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis that attacks the lungs. These bacteria can also damage other parts of the body. The onset of this medicine can be observed in 2 hours. Its effect can last an average duration of 27 to 30 hours. Pyzina is available here at a very affordable price compared with its brand-names in the market.
How does Pyzina work?
Pyzina contains Pyrazinamide as an active ingredient. It is used often with Isoniazid, Streptomycin and Rifampicin in treating TB. This medication works by stopping the growth of the bacteria affecting the lungs. Pyzina inhibits the enzyme of the bacteria. It interferes with the energy production needed for their survival.
How to use Pyzina?
Your dose is based on your age, weight, the severity of your condition and your response to the treatment. Take Pyzina exactly as directed by your physician. Take it by mouth with or without food once or twice a day. Take it at an evenly spaced interval. Continue taking this drug even if you feel well. You need to finish the entire course of your treatment. For a missed dose, take it as soon as you remember.
What are the side effects of Pyzina?
The following are lists of possible side effects of Pyzina:
- Itchy skin
- Pain during urination
- Worsening of intestinal ulcers
- Enlarged liver
- Abnormal liver function
- Feeling of discomfort
- An increased liver enzyme
- Joint pain
Warning and Precautions
There are things that you need to keep in mind when using Pyzina:
- Before using this drug tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Pyzina can sometimes cause liver problems. If you notice any signs of liver problems like jaundice, nausea and vomiting, contact your doctor right away.
- This drug is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding moms unless absolutely necessary. Talk to your doctor about this.
- Do not use this drug if you have acute gout, diabetes, kidney and liver problems.
- Do not use Pyzina if you are allergic to its active ingredient or you are allergic to other forms of antibiotic.
- This drug may cause excessive sleepiness. Do not drive or operate machinery.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages while using this medication.