Why use Proscar 5mg for enlarged prostate?
Proscar 5mg contains an active ingredient of finasteride. It belongs to the group of medications which is the 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors. Proscar is effective in shrinking an enlarged prostate. This medication is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since 1992. This is available here at various pack size. You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How does Proscar 5mg work?
This medication works by lessening the amount of natural body hormone (DHT) that causes the development of prostate. The symptoms of an enlarged prostate takes long time to develop. This works progressively to lessen the size of the prostate gland. Proscar slowly progresses the flow of the urine. This medication is also helpful in reducing the risk of increasing a rapid inability to pass urine at all.
How to use Proscar 5mg?
Proscar 5mg is to be taken one tablet a day. Take this the same time each day. You can take this before or after a meal. If you missed a dose for a day, take it on the other day. Do not double the dose. Do not stop this medication unless you were instructed by your doctor. It may take 6-12 months to notice the effect of this medication.
What are the side-effects of Proscar 5mg?
These are the major and minor side-effects that may happen while taking this drug:
- Decreased sexual desire
- Increase hair growth
- Lump in the breast
- Nipple discharge
- Breast enlargement/pain
- Testicle pain
- Inability to urinate
- Hives and itching
- Palpitation and allergic reactions
Warnings and Precautions
- Proscar should not be used if you are allergic to any substance that is present here.
- Inform your doctor if you have any history of allergic reactions.
- This is not prescribed for a breastfeeding and pregnant woman.
- Proscar 5mg is not approved to prevent prostate cancer.
- Do not take this anymore if it is crushed or broken.
- Keep this away from the direct sunlight and keep tightly closed.
- Store at room temperature.