Why use Propecia 1mg for hair loss?
Propecia 1mg tablet gives medical aid to hair loss in men by blocking dihydrotestosterone or DHT. It is a hormone derived from testosterone responsible for hair loss in men. Propecia’s 1mg dose of finasteride can effectively lower DHT levels in the scalp by as much as 60% when taken daily. This is an FDA approved medication since 1997. This tablet is manufactured by MSD, Turkey.
How does Propecia 1mg work?
Finasteride is the active ingredient of Propecia. It belongs to a group of medications known as the 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors. It works by blocking an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase. The enzyme converts testosterone to DHT and is believed that DHT is a key factor in pattern hair loss. It is also used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), also known as enlarged prostate. Finasteride decreases the concentration of DHT in a man’s scalp by about two-thirds.
How to use Propecia 1mg?
The recommended dosage is one tablet a day. It may be taken with or without food. Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. Don’t forget to use it at the same time each day. Inform your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
What are the side effects of Propecia 1mg?
Tell your doctor right away if you have any of these but serious side effects occur:
- A diminished desire for sex
- Having difficulty in achieving an erection
- Having a decreased amount of semen
- Lump in the breast, nipple discharge and inability to urinate
There are also some of the allergic reactions that may occur:
- Itching/swelling (face/tongue/throat)
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor immediately.
Warnings and Precautions
Here are the lists that you need to be careful with on taking this medication:
- This drug may contain inactive ingredients that may cause allergic reactions.
- This should not be used in children
- This should not be used in women, especially during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- This may harm an unborn or breastfeeding baby
Before taking this medication, inform your doctor about your medical history, especially:
- Liver disease
- Prostate cancer
- Urinary problems