Why use Oncotrex-2.5mg?
Oncotrex-2.5mg is one of the most important medications selected by the World Health Organization or WHO. This drug is also known as antimetabolite or antifolate medicine that stops the growth of the cancer cells and suppresses the immune system. It is also one of the most commonly prescribed drugs for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Oncotrex-2.5mg is manufactured by Sun Pharma. You can buy this drug here at a very reasonable price.
How does Oncotrex-2.5mg work?
Oncotrex-2.5mg contains methotrexate as an active ingredient. For rheumatoid arthritis, Oncotrex-2.5mg works by reducing the function of the cells in the joint tissues that causes inflammation, therefore, relieving the pain and protect the joint from being damaged. For cancer, Oncotrex-2.5mg stops the production of cancerous cells by interfering with the DNA process. The active ingredient is especially effective in killing the abnormal cells that tend to reproduce so quickly.
How to use Oncotrex-2.5mg?
Oncotrex-2.5mg should be used if all other medication does not successfully treat the symptoms. The recommended dose for an adult is 2.5 mg once or twice a week but not every day or as directed by your doctor. Do not take more than what is prescribed. Your exact dose, approach and schedule of treatment vary depending on your condition and the severity of your condition.
What are the side effects of Oncotrex-2.5mg?
Oncotrex-2.5mg can cause undesirable side effects like:
- Hair loss
- Decreased appetite
- Reddened eye
- Loss of consciousness
- Blurred vision
- Sudden loss of vision
Warnings and Precautions
Things to remember when taking Oncotrex-2.5mg:
- Do not take this medication for the treatment of psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis
- If your blood cell count is low
- If you have liver disease, lung disease
- If you have a bone marrow disorder
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you are pregnant or a lactating mom
- Oncotrex-2.5mg can be toxic to your liver and may lower your blood cell count. Check your blood cell more often.
- Oncotrex-2.5mg should not be used every day. Take this drug exactly as prescribed.