Why use Olvance 40 mg for high blood pressure?
Olvance 40 mg is a cost-effective medication against high blood pressure. It reduces the risk of patients whose blood pressure is not normal from damages to the brain, blood vessels and heart. Damages to these organs may cause heart failure, stroke, heart attack, kidney failure and loss of vision. Olvance 40 mg is manufactured by Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd. You can buy this medication here at a very affordable price.
How does Olvance 40 mg work?
Olvance 40 mg contains Olmesartan as an active ingredient. It belongs to the group of drug known as angiotensin receptor 2 antagonists or blocker. Olvance 40 mg blocks the action of angiotensin 2 in the blood that causes it to tighten. It opposes the action of this enzyme and aids the smooth arterial flow of blood. This causes the pressure to become low allowing more blood to flow easily into the heart. This way the heart won’t have to pump blood as hard as it could.
How to use Olvance 40 mg?
Olvance 40 mg is a prescription medication that you can only take upon the advice of your physician. Take this drug according to your doctor’s instruction. Your dose and the duration of your treatment depend on your condition and the severity of your condition. The usual recommended dose for an adult is 20 mg once a day. Your doctor may increase your dose up to 40 mg after two weeks. For children weighing 44 pounds to 77 pounds, the dose is 10 mg once a day. For those who weight more than 77 pounds, the dose is 20 mg once a day.
What are the side effects of Olvance 40 mg?
Olvance 40 mg may cause some side effects aside from its intended effect. Common side effects are:
- Weight loss
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe diarrhea
- Back pain
Serious side effects are:
- Low blood pressure
- Liver problems with symptoms like jaundice, itchy skin and pain in the upper right side of the stomach
- Kidney problems such as weight gain and swelling in the hands, feet and ankles
- Severe allergic reaction
Warnings and Precautions
Things to remember when using Olvance 40 mg:
- Olvance 40 mg may cause a severe allergic reaction such as hives, trouble breathing and swelling on the throat or tongue. If this happens, contact your doctor right away.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly
- Olvance 40 mg works well in lowering the blood pressure along with proper diet and exercise