How does Olmecip 40 mg works?
Olmecip 40 mg contains Olmesartan as its active ingredient. It is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It works by blocking the action of angiotensin II receptor in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten. Blocking the action of the chemical will cause the blood vessels to relax and widens. Thus, allowing more blood to flow easily into the heart and reduces the workload of the heart.
How to use Olmecip 40 mg?
Take Olmecip 40 mg exactly as directed by your doctor. The recommended starting dose is 20 mg once a day. The dose may be increased to 40 mg after 2 weeks as determined by the doctor. For children from 6 to 16 years of age weighing 20 to 35 kg, the recommended dose is 10 mg once a day. For children who weigh 35 kg or more, the recommended dose is 20 mg once a day. Do not take more than what is prescribed by your doctor. Do check for your blood pressure more often.
What are the side effects of Olmecip 40 mg?
Common side effects of this medication include:
- Back pain
- High blood sugar
- Sore throat
Serious side effects are:
- Severe allergic reactions
- Liver and kidney problems
- Low blood pressure
Warnings and Precautions
Things to remember when taking Olmecip 40 mg:
- Olmecip 40 mg may cause sedative effects when you drink alcohol
- Avoid taking this drug if you have kidney and liver problems, hypotension
- Do not take this medication if you are using other anti-hypertensive drugs
- Olmecip 40 mg is not suitable for pregnant and lactating women