Why use Nizral Cream?
Nizral cream is an FDA approved antifungal medication. It belongs to the group of drugs known as Azole antifungals. Nizral cream prevents the growth of the fungi and prevents it from spreading. The onset of action of this medication is observed in 1-2 hours. The effects last for about 8 hours in the body. It is available here for only $4.10.
How does Nizral cream work?
Nizral cream contains Ketoconazole as an active ingredient. It works by preventing the growth of fungi by stopping the production of their vital components. This destroys the cell membrane of the fungus and hinders their growth.
How to use Nizral Cream?
Use this cream as directed by your physician. Apply a pea-size of the cream on the affected area twice a day. But before applying, see to it that the affected area is cleansed with soap and water. Generally, a pea-size amount of cream is enough to cover the affected area.
What are the side effects of Nizral Cream?
These are the major and minor effect of the Nizral cream.
- Blurry vision (severe and rare)
- Chest pain (severe and rare)
- Faintness (severe and rare)
- Fast heartbeat (severe and rare)
- Headache (severe and rare)
- A high sensitivity of the eyes to sunlight (severe and rare)
- Pale skin (severe and rare)
- Yellowish eyes and skin (severe rare)
- Joint pain (severe and rare)
- Skin rash (severe and rare)
- Diarrhea (rare)
- Thinning of the hair and hair loss (rare)
- Skin irritation
Contact your doctor right away if these effects occur. This is not the complete list of the side effects of the cream.
Warnings and Precautions
Consult your doctor of the possible risk and benefits of Nizral Cream
- This cream is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women unless necessary
- Do not breastfeed for at least 5 hours to ease the risk of contact
- Cream may cause severe liver injury
- May increase the QT continuation and the adrenal secretion
- It can also cause severe liver pain
Safety Precautions are important to follow to avoid severe effects
- Closely monitor the patient’s condition
- Dosage adjustment is also needed
- Do not use this medicine if you have an allergy to its content
- Adjust the dose to patients with kidney injury