Why Naltima for Alcohol and Drug Treatment?
Naltima is known for its efficacy in treating alcohol abuse and drug-related conditions. Moreover, this drug is also used for the treatment, prevention, control, and improvement of the following:
- Weight management
- Appetite control
- Opioid dependence
- Alcohol dependence
Naltima is also very affordable with its benefits given to the patients.
How does Naltima work?
Naltima is an opioid antagonist. It works by blocking the joyful feeling that you may experience after taking opiates and alcohol. This medicine reduces your cravings. It affects your brain to stop feeling the effects of opioids. It helps reduce the urge to take opiates. It is also effective in treating alcohol abuse when combined with a series of treatment and procedures. The onset of the effect begins within 30 minutes.
How to use Naltima?
Take Naltima with or without a meal. As much as possible, take it with antacids to prevent any adverse digestive effect. Your dose is based on how you response to the therapy. Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet. It is better to take it at a fixed time.
What are the side effects?
This medicine may cause some unwanted effects too. In such cases, seek medical assistance from the doctor. The following are lists of possible effects when using Naltima:
- Joint pain
- Abdominal pain
Warnings and Precautions
Consider the following warnings and precautions when taking Naltima:
- Naltima is not recommended for children.
- Do not take opioid derivatives while on Naltrexone treatment.
- Do not drive or operate a machine when taking Naltima as this may cause dizziness or tiredness.
- Do not take opioid for a minimum of 7-10 days before starting Naltrexone therapy. Your doctor may perform Naloxone challenge test before starting the treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you plan to become pregnant.
Tell your doctor if you are taking any medications.