Why buy Montair LC Kid (Montelukast Sodium and Levocetrizine HCL) for allergy?
Montair LC Kid is a combination medicine of Montelukast Sodium and Levocetirizine HCL. Montelukast alone is effective and helps relieve allergic symptoms. But the combination therapy of Montelukast and Levocetrizine is a more effective strategy than a single therapy in treating persistent allergies.
How does Montair LC Kid (Montelukast Sodium and Levocetrizine HCL) work?
Montair LC Kid is a combination of two active ingredients. The Levocetirizine HCL is an anti-allergic agent. It blocks histamines responsible for watery eyes, sneezing and runny nose. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking leukotriene, another chemical messenger in the body. These two actions reduce swelling in the airways and nose and improve the symptoms too.
How to use Montair LC Kid (Montelukast Sodium and Levocetrizine HCL)?
Take this medication as directed by your doctor. Your dose and strength are based on your age, medical history, the severity of your condition and reaction to the first dose. Take it with or without food. However, do not take it in larger or smaller dose than what is prescribed. If you experienced any side effects, seek medical attention right away.
What are the side effects of Montair LC Kid (Montelukast Sodium and Levocetrizine HCL)?
Montair LC Kid tablet may cause unwanted side effects in addition to its intended effects. Less common and minor side effects are:
- Runny nose
Moderate and less common side effects are:
- Difficulty in the passing of urine
- Yellowing of the skin
- Blurred vision
- Sudden changes in mood like getting aggressive and agitated
- Allergic reactions like swelling of the face, throat, rash and itching
Warning and Precautions
- This medication may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
- It should be used with caution in patients with kidney and liver problems.
- Do not take 2 tablets at the same time.
- Do not use machinery or operate machinery.
- This drug may increase the risk of side effects when interacted with other drugs like Ritonavir and Theophylline.
- Do not use this drug if you are hypersensitive.
- Children below 6 months old should not take this drug.