Why Montair Chewable Tablet for allergy?
Montair chewable tablet is intended for allergy and asthma therapy for children 2 to 5 years old. However, it should be use under the supervision of an adult. The active ingredient can prevent and control mild to moderate asthma. This drug is available at a cheaper price here and at various strengths.
How does Montair Chewable Tablet work?
Montair chewable tablet contains Montelukast Sodium as an active ingredient. Montelukast Sodium is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking the effects of leukotriene, a substance produced by the body in response to certain triggers that causes asthma, allergic rhinitis or hay fever. The effect of Montair chewable tablet usually starts to work within one day.
How to use Montair Chewable Tablet?
Use this medicine as advised by your doctor. You may also check the product label for directions.
- This medication can be taken with or without food.
- Take Montair chewable tablet in the evening for better control of allergy symptoms and asthma.
- If you have exercise-induced asthma, take the tablet 2 hours before exercising.
- For adults and adolescents 15 years and older, take one 10mg tablet.
- For pediatric patients 6 to 14 years of age, chew one 4mg of Montair chewable tablet.
- For a missed dose, take it as soon as possible.
What are the side effects of Montair Chewable Tablet?
Possible side effects of Montair chewable tablet include:
- Abdominal pain
- Sore throat
The side effects listed don’t happen very often. However, they could lead to serious problems if you will not seek medical attention.
Serious side effects include:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Aggressive behavior
- Clotting problems such as nosebleed
- Signs of depression
- Flu-like symptoms
- Breathing problems
Warning and Precaution
Before using Montair chewable tablet, inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- You are allergic to Montelukast sodium
- You are allergic to some medications and certain foods
- You are under medications
- You have liver problems
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have mental problems like depression, mood swing, and others
- You are using other anti-allergy drugs
Other things to consider:
- This drug will not work for a sudden asthma attack or wheezing once they start. Always carry with you a fast-acting rescue inhaler.
- It may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
- This drug may make you feel tired, sleepy or decrease alertness.