Why use Misoprost-200mcg?
Misoprost-200mcg is used to treat ulcers caused by NSAID’s. NSAID’s are drugs that are used to treat various forms of inflammation. Misoprost is used to treat developing ulcers. It relieves symptoms in the upper part of the small intestine. Misoprost is used to lower the risk of stomach complications. This is approved in the US. It is available here in packs and strengths. Misoprost 200mcg is $27.27.
How does Misoprost-200mcg work?
It has Misoprostol as the main ingredient. It works by fighting against the risk of stomach ulcers. It protects the stomach lining. Thus, reduces the amount of the acid secretion in the stomach. This is a natural substance in the body that reduces gastric acid. It lowers the amount of the acid that comes in contact with it. Misoprost works in 2 to 3 hours after taking. The medicine stays in the body for 3 to 5 hours.
How to use Misoprost-200mcg?
Read and follow the instructions in the product package. The dose and duration of the treatment depend on the condition of the patient. This is given after a check-up. Take Misoprost by mouth with a glass of water. Take this drug as long as you take NSAID’s. Misoprost is to be taken regularly to get the maximum benefits. Inform your doctor before you will stop taking the medicine. An overdose of this medicine may cause stomach pain or irregular heartbeat. Do not double the dose to make up the missed ones. Avoid crushing or chewing the medicine. Take this after eating a meal.
What are the side effects of Misoprost-200mcg?
The side effects of Misoprost do not come very often. This is not the complete list of its side effects. It includes:
- Bloody vomit, signs of infection
- Pain in the stomach, gas, diarrhea
- Bloody stools, constipation, and headache
- Tarry or black tools
Inform your doctor in case of persistent side effects. You may seek help in your nearest health center.
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not take this medicine if you have heart disease
- This is not for a pregnant or breastfeeding woman
- Tell your doctor if you have intestinal or bowel syndrome
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from other severe illnesses
- Misoprost may cause dizziness, avoid works that need alertness
- Store this medicine in proper condition away from heat
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or smoking
- Keep this away from the reach of children