Why use Metaspray Nasal Spray (Mometasone Fumerate) for allergy?
Metaspray has an active ingredient of Mometasone Fumerate. This belongs to the class of medicines known as an anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictive drug. This spray is a topical steroid. Metaspray 100 mdi Nasal Spray is manufactured by Cipla, India Ltd. The active ingredient of this medication is already approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This is available here at its affordable price.
How does Metaspray Nasal Spray (Mometasone Fumerate) work?
Metaspray Nasal Spray (Mometasone Fumerate) works by blocking leukotrienes to decrease the allergic inflammation. This also blocks the mast cell that is present in the nose. This nasal spray is also used to treat:
- Rhinitis and nasal polyps results due to allergies
- Acute sinusitis and recurrent rhinosinusitis
How to use Metaspray Nasal Spray (Mometasone Fumerate)?
The usual dose in each nostril is 2 sprays once daily. Before using this medication, make sure your hands are clean. Blow your nose gently before spraying. Gently insert the bottle tip into your nose. Close the other nostril while doing this. Just repeat the procedure on the other nostril. Keep using this spray even if you feel well. Do not stop this medication if it is not prescribed. This should be taken on the given time of your doctor. The dose will also depend on your age, condition, and response to this medication.
What are the side-effects of Metaspray Nasal Spray (Mometasone Fumerate)?
Here are some side-effects that may occur while you are taking this medication:
- Vision problem
- Severe headache
- Burning sensation
- Feeling of itching
- Scaling around the mouth
Please inform your doctor if any of these mentioned side-effects occur for a long period of time.
Warnings and Precautions
- This should be avoided by the pregnant and breastfeeding woman.
- This may have a negative interaction if you drink alcohol with this medication.
- Avoid eating some fatty foods. It may hinder the effectiveness of this nasal spray.
- Consult your doctor if you are allergic to its active ingredient
- Keep this away from the direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep this away from the reach of children and pets.
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.