Why use Linospan for bacterial infections?
Linospan is effective against different types of bacteria that cause serious bacterial infections. It is effective in treating:
- Nosocomial pneumonia
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium infections
- Uncomplicated and complicated skin and skin structure infections like diabetic foot infections
The generic Linospan is a lot cheaper than its branded counterpart. You can purchase Itaspor here at only $40 per 30 tablets of 600 mg.
How does Linospan work?
Linospan contains Linezolid as an ingredient. This drug belongs to monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors. It works by interfering with the ability of the bacteria to make proteins which are necessary for the bacteria to multiply and divide.
How to take Linospan?
Linospan dose varies from person to person. Your dose and the duration of your treatment depend on the following:
- your age
- your condition
- your medical history
- your gender
The usual dose in adults is 600 mg every 12 hours for 14-28 days. For children, the dose is 10 mg every 8 hours for 14-28 days.
What are the side effects of Linospan?
Linospan may cause some unwanted side effects. In some people, it may cause common and serious side effects. But for some, the side effects don’t appear. If it does, the common symptoms you may experience are:
- A headache
Serious side effects of the drug may include:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Skin Rashes
- Trouble Sleeping
- Pale Skin
- Severe Dizziness
Call your doctor if this symptom does not go away.
Warning and Precaution
There are warnings and precautions when taking this drug. You must be aware of the things that you should need to avoid like:
- This drug may interact with other medication. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medication including vitamins, OTC drugs and supplements.
- Taking this drug when you’re pregnant is not advisable. It may harm the fetus.
- Do not take this drug when you’re lactating. This may put your baby at risk.
- If you develop an allergic reaction, discontinue using the product.
- Do not take this drug if you use an MAO inhibitor within the past 14 days.