Why use Lescol 80mg?
Lescol is used to prevent the risk of cardiovascular diseases. This is mainly used for lowering bad cholesterol in the blood. Lowering the cholesterol prevents heart attack and strokes. Lescol is used to increase good cholesterol in the blood. It also prevents vascular disease and hardening of the arteries. Lescol is available in various pack and strength. It is approved in the US. Lescol is available here for $73.56.
How does Lescol 80mg work?
The active ingredient of this medicine is Fluvastatin. Lescol 80mg works by blocking a certain enzyme. This enzyme is the cause of making of cholesterol in the liver. When the enzyme is blocked the cholesterol will be lowered. Lescol slows down the bad cholesterol level in the blood. It also works by stopping the long-term cardiovascular disease. It controls the abnormal increase of bad cholesterol in the blood. The work of this medicine will start to show in 4 weeks of treatment.
How to use Lescol 80mg?
The dose of Lescol 80mg depends on the condition of the patient. The duration of the treatment will be set by the doctor. This is taken as per prescription. The usual dose of Lescol is one tablet a day. Do not double the dose in to make up the missed ones. Swallow the tablet with a glass of water. Take the medicine at the same time each day. Complete the treatment course to ensure the best results. Take Lescol with or without a meal. Do not break or chew the tablet.
What are the side effects of Lescol 80mg?
The side effects of Lescol 80mg are:
- Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache
- Nausea, constipation, Diarrhea
- Low blood pressure and hives
- Dark urine, stomach pain
The side effects of this medicine do not come all at once. This is not the complete list of the side effects of the medicine.
Warnings and Precautions
- Consult your doctor before you will stop taking this medicine
- Store this away from the reach of children
- This medicine is used only for the purposes that are listed here
- Do not use Lescol if you are allergic to its content
- Inform your doctor if you have liver and kidney disease
- Tell your doctor if you recently have a stroke or heart attack
- Do not use this if you have active liver disease
- Stop taking alcohol if you are taking the medicine
- Inform your doctor if you have blood or bleeding problems