Why buy Lefumide 10mg (Leflunomide) for arthritis?
Lefumide 10mg (Leflunomide) is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. It reduces the pain due to arthritis and will help you perform your daily task. However, Lefumide must be used with regular monitoring of renal parameters. It blocks part of your immune system and proteins that cause inflammation so patients with a weakened immune system should not use this drug.
How does Lefumide 10mg (Leflunomide) work?
Lefumide contains Leflunomide as its active component. It belongs to the group of drug known as disease modifying anti-rheumatic drug (DMARD). Lefumide works by suppressing the blood vessels that cause inflammation. It acts slowly. It remains inactive until it is taken. It acts on the enzyme in the body that causes inflammation thereby, reduces the pain and swelling.
How to use Lefumide 10mg (Leflunomide)?
Take Lefumide (Leflunomide) exactly as directed by your physician. The usual recommended dose is 10mg or 20mg daily depending on your condition and the severity of your condition. Your dose is also based on your age, your reaction to your first treatment and your other medical conditions. Lefumide-10mg is not suitable for use by children below the age of 18.
What are the side effects ofLefumide 10mg (Leflunomide)?
The most common side effects are Lefumide-10mg are:
- abnormal liver tests
- stomach upset
Serious side effects are:
- Serious infections like tuberculosis, pneumonia and other complications from the infection
- Skin disorders like blisters and painful red rash
- Low blood cell counts
- Worsening lung functions like trouble breathing, cough and flu-like symptoms
In case of prolonged side effects, discontinue using this drug and seek for medical attention right away.
Warnings and Precautions
Things to remember when using Lefumide-10mg:
- The use of this drug with other NSAD products may potentially cause liver injury.
- Pregnant and lactating women must not use Lefumide-10mg.
- Patients with severe immunodeficiency or bone marrow dysplasia should not use this drug.
- Do not take Lefumide-10mg if you are allergic to its active ingredient.
- Stay away from people with colds, flu and other contagious diseases.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages while you are taking Lefumide-10mg.