Why Ledercort for allergy?
Ledercort is an effective topical allergy medicine. The price is also cheaper than any other treatment such as:
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Allergy Shots
How does Ledercort work?
Ledercort contains active ingredient Triamcinolone. This is used to treat skin allergy and other skin issues. Its active ingredient works to reduce the action of chemicals in the body that causes inflammation. It also treats symptoms like redness, itching, and swelling. This medication works not only for skin allergies. It also works to treat several forms of arthritis, ulcerative colitis and certain types of cancer.
How to use Ledercort?
It is important to follow the use of this medicine. Don’t use more of it or in a smaller quantity. Do not use this for a long period of time. Use this medication as directed by your doctor.
Before you start the treatment, conduct a skin test first. Apply a small amount of it on your skin. See for any irritation or reaction. If there’s none, you can start the treatment. Make sure to wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this. Apply a small amount of it on affected areas, and rub gently. Apply two to four times a day. This medicine should only be applied to the skin. Use this in treating skin conditions. Do not get this into your eyes.
What are the side effects of Ledercort?
Aside from the effects that you can get, it may cause side effects too. You may experience irritation, itching, and scaling of your skin. Serious side effects include blurred vision, headache and swelling of the skin. If you experienced these symptoms, contact your doctor right away.
Warning and Precaution
There are things that you should keep in mind when using this drug. These are the following:
- Do not use this drug for a long time. It may increase your risk of having adrenal gland problems.
- Use this drug as directed by your doctor.
- Do not use this drug with other corticosteroids.
- Discontinue using this drug, if an allergic reaction occurs.
- Ledercort is a topical treatment. Use this on affected areas only.
- Avoid applying it near your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If you’re pregnant or lactating consult your doctor before using this.