Why buy Lasix 40mg (Frusemide) in edema?
Lasix 40mg has an active ingredient of Frusemide. This ingredient belongs to the class of medications called diuretics. It is used to treat edema (fluid retention). This occurs with congestive heart failure and disorders of the liver, kidney, and lungs. This medication is manufactured by Sanofi India Ltd. This drug has been approved by the FDA last 2018.
How does Lasix 40mg (Frusemide) work?
Lasix 40mg (Frusemide) works by increasing the amount of urine produced and excreted. It also works by removing excessive water (edema) from the body. This tablet begins to work within an hour of being taken and usually lasts for 4 to 6 hours. Its active ingredient works as a “water pill” that causes you to make more urine. This helps your body to get freed of extra water and salt.
How to use Lasix 40mg (Frusemide)?
The recommended dosage is usually once or twice daily. Avoid taking this medication within 4 hours of your bedtime to prevent having to get up to urinate. Take this medication by mouth, as instructed by your doctor. This is to be taken with or without food. Take this regularly in order to get the most benefit from it.
What are the side-effects of Lasix 40mg (Frusemide)?
Inform your doctor right away if you have any of these but serious side effects occur:
- A headache
- Blurred vision
- Muscle cramps
- Unusual tiredness
- Nausea and vomiting
Warnings and Precautions
Here are the lists that you need to be careful with on taking this medication:
- Tell your doctor right away if you are allergic to Furosemide.
- Before using this medication, inform your doctor about your medical history.
- This may affect your blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Limit your time in the sun.
- This may affect milk production. Consult your doctor before breastfeeding.
- Do not share this medication with others.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not double the dose.
- Store at room temperature. Away from the light and moisture.