Why buy Lanoxin 0.25mg (Digoxin) for heart failure?
Lanoxin 0.25mg (Digoxin) has an active ingredient which is the Digoxin. This (digoxin) belongs to the group of medicines called cardiac glycosides. This blocks the sodium pump that causes the sodium to move out of the cells. By blocking the sodium pump it also reasons that the potassium will move into the cells. Digoxin is approved by the FDA since 1975. This medication is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
How does Lanoxin 0.25mg (Digoxin) work?
Digoxin works by:
- Increasing the strength of the heart muscle
- It helps to normalize the rhythm of the heart,
- and it helps to take away excess water from your body
How to use Lanoxin 0.25mg (Digoxin)?
Take Lanoxin 0.25mg (Digoxin) as instructed by your doctor. Take this medication at the same time every day. This can be taken with or without food. The effect of this tablet can last for about 3 to 4 days. Do not double the dose. Do not stop taking this medication without consulting a doctor.
What are the side effects of Lanoxin 0.25mg (Digoxin)?
Here are some of the possible side-effects that may happen while taking this medication:
- Severe dizziness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Stomach pain
- Confusion and depression
- Loss of appetite and diarrhea
- Blurred vision
This is not the complete list of side-effects. In case there are some side-effects that happened not on the list, call a doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
Here are the lists of the things that you need to be precautious with:
- Do not take this if you are allergic to Digoxin.
- This is not advisable to be used by pregnant women.
- Do not take this if you are a breastfeeding woman.
If you take this medication, inform your doctor if you have any conditions like:
- Liver problems
- Had strokes or heart attacks
- A history of depression
- Any lung problem
- Low levels of potassium
- Low levels of calcium in the blood
- High levels of magnesium in the blood
- Thyroid problem