Why use Lamitor in treating seizures?
Lamitor is an effective medication against seizure in people with epilepsy. Many have tried this drug to cure seizures and bipolar disorder. They proved that it really works to prevent symptoms of seizures. It works up to 90% to stop the attack of the disease. The peak effect of this medication is observed within one to one-half hour after intake. The effect of this drug may last for an average duration of 2 to 3 days. You can buy Lamitor on us at $33.78 for 30 tablets of 200mg. It’s a very reasonable price due to its efficacy. Lamitor is FDA approved. However, it has a black box warning that both doctors and patients must be aware of.
How does Lamitor work?
Lamitor contains Lamotrigine as an active ingredient. It belongs to an anti-epileptic group of drugs. Lamitor works by acting on ion channels that occur in the brain. It decreases the series firing of the brain cells.
For people with epilepsy: It works by reducing the substance called Glutamate. This substance is released in the brain. It prevents the neurons from becoming too active in your brain. It lessens the seizures that you may experience.
For people with bipolar disorder: It works to affect the brain receptors. It helps to control your mood. It reduces the mood episodes that you may experience.
How to use Lamitor?
Your medication depends on the following:
- Your age
- The condition being treated
- The severity of your condition
- Your other medical conditions
- How you react to your first dose
Take Lamitor exactly as directed by your doctor. Take it once a day with or without food. It’s best to take it with food to avoid stomach upset. Swallow the drug as a whole with a glass of water. Take it the same time each day to avoid missing a dose. Finish the full course of medicine.
What are the side effects Lamitor?
Below are lists of some common side effects of this drug:
- Blurred vision
- Stomach upset
- Back pain
- Low blood cell counts
- Dry mouth
If you experience unusual side effects call your doctor right away. Seek for medical attention. Serious side effects are:
- Serious skin rashes
- Multi-organ hypersensitivity
- Low blood cell counts
- Changes in mood behavior
- Inflammation of the membrane that covers the brain and the spinal cord
Warning and Precaution
Lamitor comes with several warnings.
- This product contains inactive ingredients. Do not take this drug if you have an allergy to the medicine.
- Avoid smoking and alcoholic drinks if you’re using this drug.
- Lamitor can cause severe allergic reactions. If you develop an allergic reaction stop using this drug.
- Always check the expiration date of your medicine before using it.
- Keep this out from the reach of children.
- If you’re pregnant or lactating consult your doctor before using it.