Why use Kemoplat?
Kemoplat is given to a patient who suffers from cancer. This is given to treat ovarian or lung cancer. It is also effective to be used for germ cell tumors. Cancer is caused by a division of an abnormal cell in the body. Kemoplat is a drug that has platinum. This is available in various strength and pack. This is approved in the US. Kemoplat is available here for $16.55.
How does Kemoplat work?
Cisplatin is the active ingredient of Kemoplat. It works by treating cancer in the testes, bladder, and ovaries. It stops the growth and reproduction of cancer cells. It works by stopping the growth of an abnormal cell. Thus, kills the DNA synthesis that causes cancer. It binds and causes crosslinking that triggers the death of the cancer cell. The work can be observed after intravenous injection. This medicine will stay in the body for 24 hours. The working of this drug depends from one person to the other.
How to use Kemoplat?
Tell your doctor if you have peripheral neuropathy. This medicine is to be taken as per prescription. For ovarian cancer, this is given in a single dose once every 4 weeks. Follow the instructions if you are using this at home. Kemoplat is injected in the muscle or vein. The dosage depends on the medical condition. In case of overdose, seek medical help right away. Do not alter the dose to avoid severe situations. Complete each treatment to ensure a better result. Inject Kemoplat before a meal.
What are the side effects of Kemoplat?
The side effects of this drug do not come very often. The common side effects are:
- Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite
- Temporary hair loss, Pain in the injection site
- Fever, back pain, Sour mouth, buzzing in the ear
This is not the complete list of the side effects of Kemoplat. Inform your doctor in case of severe side effects.
Warnings and Precautions
- Keep this medicine away from the reach of children
- Balance and healthy diet is required while you are on the treatment
- Store this in a cool dry place away from heat and moisture
- This is not for breastfeeding and pregnant women
- Do not take this drug if you have severe bone marrow suppression
- Follow the precautions while using Kemoplat
- Stop the use of alcohol if you are taking Kemoplat