Why use Isokin for tuberculosis?
Isokin 300mg is used for the treatment and prevention of tuberculosis. This medicine has an active ingredient, Isoniazid which works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This medication has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration since 1952. Isokin is manufactured by Pfizer Ltd. You can buy this drug here at its affordable price. It is available here at various pack size.
How does Isokin work?
Isokin 300mg is an inactive compound which is known as a prodrug. It kills the bacteria and eradicates the infection. It works by suppressing the growth of tuberculosis-causing bacteria. Tuberculosis is an infectious bacterial disease categorized by the development of nodules (tubercles) in the tissues, particularly in the lungs.
How to use Isokin 300mg?
Take this medicine in the dose given by your doctor. This is to be taken with or without food. Drink plenty of fluid while taking this tablet. This medicine should be taken 1 or 2 hours before meals. The dosage is based on your medical condition and how you respond to the first dose of the medicine. Avoid Isokin with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, and some types of beer. You should continue to use this tablet as directed by your doctor even if you feel well.
What are the side effects of Isokin 300mg?
- The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur while taking this medication:
- Pain in arms or legs
- High blood sugar levels
- Discomfort in the upper part of the abdomen
- Clumsiness or unsteadiness
- Dark urine
- Skin rash
- Join pain
- Unusual tiredness
- Loss of appetite
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose
- Unsafe to use during pregnancy
- Safe to use during lactation
- Avoid using this tablet if you are allergic to it
- Probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease and with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
This tablet may cause symptoms such as:
- Increased heartbeat
- Chest pain