Why use Iopar SR for glaucoma?
Iopar SR-250mg is a cost-effective medication. It is usually prescribed to treat glaucoma. It is used to reduce swelling and control seizures in a certain type of epilepsy. Iopar SR-250mg is manufactured by FDC. You can buy this drug here at a very affordable price.
How does Iopar SR work?
Acetazolamide is the active ingredient of Iopar SR. It reduces the amount of fluid in the eye. This medicine also prevents mountain sickness by blocking a certain action of the enzyme in the body. Thus, relieving the signs of altitude and glaucoma. Iopar reduces swelling and controls seizures. It also stops the build-up of fluid in the body. These build-up cause’s Edema. The work of this drug starts in 1 to 2 hours after taking. The medicine stays in the body for 8 to 24 hours. Iopar works less and is used for a short period of time.
How to use Iopar SR?
Iopar is taken strictly as advised by the doctor. The dose and duration of the treatment are set by the doctor. Do not alter the dose to prevent severe situations. Take this medication with a glass of water. This medicine is to be taken with food. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details. The directions are also written in the product leaflet. Do not double the dose in case of missed ones. Avoid works that need mental alertness if you are taking this medicine. Complete the treatment period for best results.
What are the side effects of Iopar SR?
Side effects of this medicine do not come all at once. Inform your doctor in case of persistent situations. The side effects are:
- Dizziness, light-headedness, urination
- Blurry vision, dry mouth, drowsiness
- A headache, stomach pain, tiredness
- hearing loss, nausea, and vomiting
This is not the complete list of the side effects of Iopar.
Warnings and Precautions
- Store this medicine in a cool dry place
- Do not take this if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Stop the intake of alcohol if you are receiving this medicine
- Do not take Iopar if you have liver, heart and kidney diseases
- Do not use this if you are driving or operating heavy machinery.