Why use Intalith CR 450mg?
Intalith is mainly used to treat manic episodes. This is also used to treat and control bipolar disorder. Intalith is also used for depression, eating disorders and impulse control. This medication is also given to certain mental illness in kids. Intalith is also used by doctors for other conditions too. This is approved in the US. Intalith CR 450mg is available here for $3.35.
How does Intalith CR 450mg work?
The active ingredient of this medicine is Lithium Carbonate. Intalith CR works by moderating the activities of the brain. It works by controlling the chemicals in the brain that causes disorders. It binds the receptors and inhibits the release of chemical substances. Intalith works by maintaining the brain function. It lowers the occurrence of manic and bipolar episodes. The work of Intalith is usually observed in 5 to 7 days of treatment. The medicine last in the body for 2 to 3 days.
How to use Intalith CR 450mg?
Intalith CR is given after a thorough check-up. This is to be taken as per prescription. The dose and duration of the treatment are set by the doctor. The usual dose varies around 900 to 2,400mg of Intalith a day. Swallow the medicine as a whole with a glass of water. Do not chew, crush or split the tablet. Take this medicine as long as you are prescribed. Do not double the dose to make up the missed ones. In case of overdose, seek for an emergency help right away. Intalith CR is to be taken with or without a meal.
What are the side effects of Intalith CR 450mg?
The side effects of this medicine may or may not come at all. The minor and major side effects of Intalith CR 450mg are:
- Restlessness, loss of appetite, ingestion, dry mouth
- Muscle pain, rash, itching, hair loss, acne
- Mild thirst, dry mouth, excessive saliva, joint pain
- Fever, seizures, chest tightness, fatigue, thirst
This is not the complete list of Intalith. Consult your doctor if the effect worsens.
Warnings and Precautions
- Stay hydrated and do not change the amount of salt in your diet
- Keep this medicine away from the reach of children
- Do not take this if you have heart, kidney or thyroid diseases
- This is not given to12 years old below, and pregnant or nursing women