Why use Fluka for fungal infections?
Fluka is a cost-effective candidiasis medication. It is a type of infection caused by the fungus candida. This fungus can also infect other parts of the body including the lungs, blood, throat and the esophagus. Fluka is prescribed to treat and prevent:
- Fungal infections in the brain, spinal cord or both
- Vaginal yeast infection
- Oral thrush
- Candida esophagitis
- Other candida infections such as Urinary tract infections and peritonitis
- Candidiasis in patients having a bone marrow transplant
The generic name is a lot cheaper than the brand names. You can buy Fluka here at only $18.81 per 10 tablets of 150 mg.
How does Fluka work?
Fluka contains Fluconazole as an active ingredient. It belongs to the triazole antifungals group of drug. The active ingredient works by blocking the ability of the candida fungus to reproduce.
How to use Fluka?
Fluka is used for both long-term and short-term treatment. The recommended dose is one tablet of 150mg. But your doctor may determine your dose. Your dose will depend on the following:
- The severity of your condition
- The condition being treated
- How you react to the first dose
- Your age
- Your other medical conditions
Use this drug exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not use more than the recommended dose or more often than what is prescribed. For a missed dose, take it as soon as you remember. Never try to catch up by taking two doses at the same time.
What are the side effects of Fluka?
Common side effects are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
Other side effects are:
- Liver failure
- Hair loss
- Low levels of white blood cells
- Skin swelling
- Shortness of breath
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not take Fluka if you are allergic to its active ingredient.
- Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking Fluka. Grapefruit juice may cause the drug to build up in the body and cause some side effects.
- Fluka may cause changes in the electrical activity in the heart. Consult your doctor first if you have a heart disease or are taking other medications that can cause changes to your heart.
- This drug is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women.