Why use Floricot 0.1mg?
Floricot is for the treatment of low levels of glucocorticoid. This is caused by some disease in the adrenal gland. It is also being used in salt losing syndrome. Floricot is also used for the treatment of Addison’s disease. This is when the adrenal gland does not produce enough steroid hormones. This is available here in packs and strengths. Floricot is available here for $20.28.
How does Floricot 0.1mg work?
The active ingredient of Floricot is Fludrocortisone. It works by stabilizing the glucose and sodium levels in the body. This medicine can stabilize water levels and treat imbalances. It acts as a replacement for cortisone. Thus, causes the kidney to retain sodium. It works for the prevention and control of the symptoms of Addison’s disease. The working of this drug depends on one person to the other.
How to use Floricot 0.1mg?
The dose and duration of treatment of Floricot is set by the doctor. This medicine is taken as per prescription. Floricot is given after a thorough check-up. Take this medication with or without a meal. Swallow the medicine as a whole with a glass of water. Do not chew or break the medicine. Take Floricot the same time each day to avoid missed dose. Complete the treatment for best results. Do not double the dose in case of missed ones. Follow the dosing instruction that is written in the package. Tell your doctor before you stop taking the medication.
What are the side effects of Floricot 0.1mg?
This medicine has side effects as any other drug. However, the side effects of this medicine do not come very often. The common side effects are:
- Stomach upset, menstrual changes
- A headache, dizziness, fever, joint pain
- Bruising, slow wound healing, sore throat
- Unusual weight gain, irregular heartbeat
These side effects do not come all at once. This is not the whole list of the side effects of Floricot. In persistent cases, tell your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not take the drug if you are breastfeeding or pregnant
- Inform your doctor if you have diabetes or other skin conditions
- Do not take this if you are allergic to any of its content
- List down the medications that you are taking along with Foricort
- Store this medicine in a cool dry place. Keep away from heat and moist
- Keep Floricot away from the reach of children
- Avoid the intake of alcohol if you are Taking Floricot 0.1mg