Why use Flixotide Discus for allergy?
The active ingredient of Flixotide Discus is a corticosteroid that is chemically synthesized and used to reduce seasonal allergic symptoms. It is prescribed in adults and pediatric patients aged 4 years and older. This medication can also cure Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and asthma.
How does Flixotide Discus work?
Flixotide Discus contains Fluticasone Propionate as an active ingredient. It belongs to the class of corticosteroid an anti-inflammatory drug. It works by blocking the release of the body’s natural substances that cause allergic symptoms and narrowing of the airways. Flixotide Discus works directly at the bronchioles to reduce the swelling reactions.
How to use Flixotide Discus?
Use this product as advised by your doctor. When using for the first time, prime the Flixotide Discus first by shaking the bottle well and spray 6 times into the air. Place the bottle towards the mouth by sliding the lever. Exhale out then inhale the medicament smoothly and deeply. Hold your breath for seconds.
What are the side effects of Flixotide Discus?
Medications come with possible side effects aside from its intended effects. The following are some of the very common side effects of this medication:
- Oral thrush
- Hoarse voice
Very rare side effects are:
- Thinning of the bones
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Mood changes
- Sleep disturbance
- Slowed growth in children
Warning and Precautions
Below are some warnings and precautions that you need to keep in mind when using Flixotide Discus:
- Do not use this product in treating sneezing, runny nose and itching caused by common colds.
- Do not use Flixotide Discus if you are allergic to Fluticasone Propionate.
- This medication is not intended for children younger than 4 years old.
- People with a history of lung infection and diabetes needs to be cautious when using this medication.
- Consult your doctor if you are a pregnant or lactating mom.
- Inhalers may cause an unexpected increase in wheezing straight after using inhalers. If it happens, stop using this medication right away.
- Rinse your mouth each time you are using this product to avoid getting oral thrush.