Why use Flixonase Nasal Spray?
Flixonase Nasal Spray contains fluticasone propionate as an active ingredient. It is a type of medicine known as corticosteroid or steroid. The ingredients are used for a nasal spray. This medication has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since 1998. This is available here at its very affordable price. You can buy this at various pack size.
How does Flixonase Nasal Spray work?
Flixonase Nasal Spray reduces inflammation in the nasal passages (rhinitis). It works by stopping the cells from releasing chemicals that trigger allergic reactions. It helps relieve the symptoms like:
- Blocked or a runny nose
- Sneezing and sinus discomfort
- Eye symptoms like red and itchy eyes
Its effect may take a few days. This nasal spray won’t relieve the symptoms right away.
How to use Flixonase Nasal Spray?
- For allergies, it’s best to use this a few days before you expect to get symptoms. Like for instance, before the pollen season will start or if you know you’re going to be in contact with pets.
- For adults and children from 12 years and above, use 2 sprays into each nostril once a day. When the symptoms are under control, lessen the dose to one spray in each nostril once a day.
- For children from 4 to 11 years old, you should use this one spray in each nostril once a day. It is preferably used in the morning.
The dosage will still depend on your medical condition and by the prescription of your doctor. Do not double the dose. Follow the instruction of your doctor promptly.
What are the side-effects of Flixonase Nasal Spray?
These may occur while using this medication.
- Sneezing and headache
- Dryness or irritation in the nose or throat
- Bad taste or smell
- Difficulty in breathing
- Allergic reactions
Warnings and Precautions
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergies or if you are allergic to Flixonase Nasal Spray.
- If you are a pregnant woman, consult your doctor first before using this medication.
- Do not use this for any other treatment.
- Keep this away from the reach of children.
- Do not freeze.