Why use Eptoin in controlling seizure?
Eptoin tablet is a drug prescribed safely to the patient from having an onset of a seizure. This drug works 90% in preventing the said action to occur. Eptoin is a good maintenance to treat a certain condition. This drug is available on our website. You can buy this at the price of $7.81 for 120 tablets of 100mg. However, Eptoin does not work for all types of seizures. Consulting your doctor is necessary.
How does Eptoin work?
Eptoin contains Phenytoin as an active ingredient. It belongs to the anti-epileptic group of drugs. This drug works by slowing down the abnormal activity of the brain. It helps control and prevents seizure. The drug inhibits the repetitive firing of neurons. It works to prevent the onset of action to occur. It also prevents the seizure to occur after surgery.
How to use Eptoin?
Consult your doctor first before using this drug. The drug comes in an oral form that you need to take by mouth. Take it as directed by your doctor. Swallow the drug as a whole with a glass of water. Do not chew or crush the drug. Take the drug with or without food 2-3 times a day. Do not skip a dose to gain a better result. To avoid missing a dose, take it the same time each day. If you forgot to take a dose, take it as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose leave the forgotten one. But never take 2 doses just to cover up the one you missed.
What are the side effects of Eptoin?
Eptoin may cause some unwanted side effects like any other drug such as:
- Anemia (Low red blood cell count)
- Double vision
- A headache
- Nystagmus (Involuntary Eye Movement)
- Neuropathy (Tingling and Numbness of feet and hand)
- Loss of Coordination
- Unusual facial expression
- Unwanted hair growth
If these symptoms persist consult your doctor.
Warnings and Precautions
Below are some warnings and precautionary measure that you need to keep in mind when using this drug:
- Do not drive or operate machinery when using this drug. It may cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol. It may have harmful effects on your health.
- Eptoin may cause birth defects. Do not use this drug if you’re pregnant.
- Avoid taking Paracetamol with Eptoin.
- Do not stop the medication abruptly. It may increase your risk to other infection.
- Do not use this drug without consulting your doctor.