Why use Endace 40mg for cancer?
Endace 40 mg is a derivative of progesterone with progestational and anti-gonadotropic effects. It is a hormone therapy that slows down the growth of cancer cells. It is also effect in treating severe weight loss to patients with AIDS. Endace 40mg is available here for $18.60.
How does Endace 40mg work?
Endace 40 mg contains Megestrol Acetate as its active ingredient. It works by preventing the release of certain hormone in the body that causes the cancer cells to grow. The active ingredient of Endace 40 mg opposes the action of estrogen and prevents its growth and replication. Cancer cells that affect the breast and the womb are sensitive to estrogen. When estrogen binds with the receptors of the cancer cells, the cancer cells grows fast.
How to use Endace 40mg?
Use Endace 40 mg exactly as directed. Your dose and period of treatment are based on your response. The usual recommended dose for prostate cancer is 160 mg a day. This is divided into 40mg for each round. For cancer of the breast, the dose is 80 mg to 320mg a day. The dose can be divided into 40 to 80mg. It is to be taken in 3 to 4 times a day. The 160 tablets is taken 1 to 2 times a day. Take this with or without food. This is to be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
What are the side effects of Endace 40mg?
The side effects of this medicine do not come all at once. The side minor and major side effects of Endace 40mg are:
- Increased appetite, hair loss, mood change
- Vomiting, Nausea, Blood pressure increase
- Shortness of breath, backache, swelling
- Dizziness, dry mouth, irritability, rash
- Tiredness, weakness, depression, bone pain
This is not the complete detail of the side effects of Endace. Call your doctor in case of severe side effects.
Warnings and Precautions
These are some of the important things to follow in taking Endace 40mg:
- Store this drug in a cool dry place away from the reach of children
- This is not to be share to anyone even in the same situation
- Use this as per prescription and purpose
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, kidney and liver diseases
- Get a regular check-up while receiving Endace 40mg