Why Use Enapril 5mg for hypertension?
Enapril 5mg is a potent drug and is one of the most popular drugs in treating high blood pressure. This medicine is FDA approved in treating high blood pressure and other cardiac problems. Enapril 5mg is only available as a brand-name drug. The onset of action of this drug occurs after 1 hour of the oral dose. The effect can last for 12-24 hours after taking. You can buy Enapril 5mg here for only $4.29 per 30 tablets of 5 mg.
How does Enapril 5mg work?
Enapril is an ACE inhibitor. It contains Enalapril as an active ingredient. It works by stopping the formation of Angiotensin II which causes the blood to constrict and increasing the blood pressure. This drug relaxes the constricted blood vessels and helps the blood pump more blood easily. It treats the thickening of the walls of the left ventricle. It stops the falling pumping capacity of the heart.
How to use Enapril 5mg?
Take Enapril Tablet with or without a meal. Do not take a bigger amount than set. Inform the doctor any effects occur. Enapril is taken under the prescription of the doctor. For high blood, take Enapril once a day. Use an initial dose of a 5mg tablet. Take an initial dose of 2.5mg for patients with heart failure. Dosage may rise up to 40mg. Take a dose of 2.5 twice a day for patients with ventricular dysfunction.
What are the side effects of Enapril 5mg?
These are the common side effects o Enapril Tablet
- Blurry vision
- Faintness when getting up fast from sitting
- Chills and Fever
- Chest pain
- Lack of strength
- Skin rash
- High potassium levels
Any signs of swelling of eyes, lips, and face should be reported to the doctor. This is not the whole list of the side effects of Enapril. Tell your doctor if you experience any opposing reaction to the medicine.
Warnings and Precautions
- This drug is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Enapril may cause liver injuries
- Avoid the drinking alcohol while using Enapril
- May increase the potassium level of the blood
- Use with caution to patients with weak kidney function
Report any side effects to avoid severe situations. Follow some precautions for healthier benefits:
- Reduce the dose for patients with hypotension
- The use of Enapril is not yet sure to patients below 18 years old
- Coughing will stop when taking Enapril is stopped
- Stop using Enapril if any signs of liver injury occur
- Stop using if the level of liver enzyme rises