Why use Duphaston-10mg?
Duphaston-10mg is used in a wide range of menstrual disorders due to lack of progesterone in the body. It helps regulate the normal shedding and the healthy growth of the womb lining. It is also helpful in preventing miscarriages. Duphaston-10mg is manufactured by Abbott India Ltd. You can buy this drug here at a very reasonable amount.
How does Duphaston-10mg work?
Duphaston-10mg contains Dydrogesterone as an active ingredient. It is synthetic progesterone with no estrogenic or androgenic properties. It produces no increase in temperature. It does not inhibit ovulation. This drug works by regulating the healthy growth and normal shedding of the womb by acting on the progesterone receptor of the uterus.
How to take Duphaston-10mg?
Duphaston-10mg is a prescription medication that you can take only upon the advice of your doctor. Your dose depends on your condition and the severity of your condition. Take Duphaston-10mg exactly as recommended. Do not take more than what is prescribed. Duphaston-10mg comes in a tablet form that you need to take by mouth. Take this drug with or without food with a glass of water.
What are the side effects of Duphaston-10mg?
Duphaston-10mg may cause some undesirable side effects aside from its intended side effects. Some of the side effects are:
- Pain in breast and breast tenderness
- Pulsating headache which can develop into a migraine
- Occasional blood spotting
- Irregular period
- Pain during periods
- Heavy bleeding during periods
- Weight gain
- Missed period
- An abnormal liver function which can progress into jaundice, abdominal discomfort and nausea
In case of prolonged side effects, contact your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
Things to remember when taking Duphaston-10mg:
- Patients with a history of kidney impairment, blood clot, asthma, epilepsy and migraine must be cautious when using this drug
- Duphaston-10mg may cause severe dizziness. Do not drive while taking this medication.
- Children below 18 years of age should not take this drug.
- Do not use Duphaston-10mg if you are allergic to its active component.