Why use Depin in treating a high blood pressure?
Depin belongs to a group of drug known as calcium-blockers prescribed in treating the following conditions:
- High blood pressure
- Uterine relaxant
- Chest pain
- Elevated blood pressure
- A migraine
- Abnormal heart rhythms
How does Depin work?
Depin contains Nifedipine as an active ingredient. It is a calcium-blocker. It works by relaxing the heart muscle so the heart will not pump blood hard. As a result, less pressure is build up so your heart does not have to work hard just to pump blood. Depin controls chest pain by increasing the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
How to use Depin?
Depin is available here in a tablet form that you need to take by mouth with a glass of water. Take the medicine exactly as directed by your physician. The starting dose is one 10 mg three times a day. The usual effective dose ranges from 10mg-20 mg three times a day. For a missed dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not double up your dose for the missed one.
What are the side effects of Depin?
Depin may cause some side effects just like any other medications. Common side effects of Depin include:
- Decreased sexual ability
- Swelling in the legs or feet
Serious side effects are:
- Allergic reactions
- Low blood pressure with symptoms like fainting and lightheadedness.
- Liver damage with symptoms like yellowing of the skin and eyes
- Fluid retention in the arm, hands, lower legs, ankles and feet
- Chest in the pain or angina
Warnings and Precautions
Below are lists of warnings and precautions that you must remember when using Depin.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice 3 days before and while taking this medication.
- Depin may interact with other drugs. Before using this medication consult with your doctor first.
- Stopping this medication may cause your blood pressure to suddenly increase. This may raise your risk of health problems like stroke and heart attack.