Why use Dalacin C for bacterial?
Dalacin C is an effective antibiotic that can treat a variety of bacterial infections. These include:
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Tooth abscesses
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
- Gynecological infections
Dalacin C is active against gram-positive bacteria such as:
Dalacin C is also effective against anaerobic bacteria that cause infections in the bones, pelvic, gout, cavity and gums. It’s cheaper than its branded counterpart in the market. You can get Dalacin C here at only $28.29 per 30 tablets of 150 mg.
How does Dalacin C work?
Dalacin contains Clindamycin as an active ingredient. It belongs to the group of drug known as lincomycin antibiotics. It works by killing the bacteria that causes the infection. Clindamycin inhibits the production of protein in the bacteria. Without the necessary protein, the bacteria cannot grow, reproduce and spread in the body.
How to use Dalacin C?
The recommended dose of Dalacin C is 150mg to 450 mg every 6 hours. For children, the dose is based on their weight. The recommended dose for children is 2mg to 5mg per kg of body weight every 6 hours. For dental procedure and surgery for adults, the dose is 300 mg an hour before the procedure and 150 mg every 6 hours after the first dose.
Dalacin C comes in tablet form that you need to take by mouth. The length of treatment depends on the type of infection and the severity of your condition. Take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Do not stop your treatment too soon.
What are the side effects of Dalacin C?
Dalacin C can cause some unwanted side effects. Common side effects are:
- Stomach pain
- Unpleasant taste
Serious side effects are:
- Severe diarrhea
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Abdominal pain
- Severe skin rashes
- Swollen face, tongue
Warning and Precautions
- This drug has a black box warning. Its side effects may be dangerous. It can also cause serious skin reaction that can be fatal. In case of severe skin reactions, discontinue using this drug.
- Continue taking this drug even if you feel well. Stopping the medication too soon can cause your infection to last longer.
- Dalacin C can cause changes in the balance of good bacteria your intestines. These changes are toxic and can cause severe diarrhea and damage to the intestines.
- People who are taking this medication for a longer period of time are at risk of having C. difficile diarrhea.