Why use Combutol – 800 mg for tuberculosis?
Combutol – 800 mg is US FDA approved for the treatment of tuberculosis. It is considered one of the most essential medications for tuberculosis. It may also be prescribed by doctors in treating other types of bacterial infections. Combutol – 800 mg is available here at a very reasonable price.
How does Combutol – 800 mg work?
Combutol – 800 mg contains Ethambutol as an active ingredient. It is an anti-tuberculosis agent that is antibacterial in nature. It works by stopping the growth of the TB cells. It inhibits the action of the arabinosyl tranferases enzyme. This kills the bacterial by damaging the bacteria cell wall.
How to use Combutol – 800 mg?
Combutol – 800 mg is a prescription medication that you should only take with your doctor’s recommendation. Take this drug exactly as directed. Your dose depends on your condition, the severity of your condition, your weight and your response to the treatment. Your dose may occasionally be changed to make sure that you get the best result. Do not take more than what is recommended. You may take Combutol – 800 mg with or without food but its best taken with food to avoid stomach upset.
What are the side effects of Combutol – 800 mg?
Combutol – 800 mg may cause some undesirable side effects aside from its intended effects. Side effects include:
- Cough and cold
- Sore throat
- Change of vision
Serious side effects are:
- Blurred vision
- Loss of color vision that can last an hour or longer
- Pain with eye movement
- Increased sensitivity to light
Warnings and Precautions
Things to remember when using Combutol – 800 mg:
- Combutol – 800 mg may interact with other medications and may make the drug less effective. Tell your doctor about your other medications.
- Combutol – 800 mg can cause serious vision problems. Do not take this drug if you have an eye problem.
- Stop taking this drug if you will experience loss of vision.
- Combutol – 800 mg is not suitable for pregnant and lactating women.