Why use Cephadex for bacterial infections?
Cephadex can treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It is a first-generation cephalosporin that works similarly to penicillin. Common infections that Cephadex treat includes:
- Otitis Media
- Throat infection
- Skin infection
The generic Cephadex is cheaper than the brand-names. You can buy Cephadex 500 mg here at only $4.28 per 30 tablets.
How does Cephadex work?
Cephadex contains cephalexin as an active ingredient. Cephadex belongs to the group of drug known as cephalosporin. It can stop bacterial infection. It works by interfering with the formation of the cell wall of the bacteria. This can rupture the wall and eventually killing the bacteria.
The cell wall protects the bacteria from its external environment. It keeps the content of the bacteria together. Bacteria that are susceptible to cephalexin are:
- Streptococcus bacteria
- Haemophilus influenza
How to use Cephadex?
The usual dose of Cephadex is 250 mg every 6 hours for 7 to 14 days. Some infections may be treated with Cephadex tablet of 500 mg every 12 hours for 7 to 14 days. The dosing interval depends on the type and severity of the infections.
Take Cephadex tablet exactly as directed by your physician. Do not take more than the recommended dose or more often than what is prescribed. Continue taking Cephadex even if you feel well. Finish the entire course of the treatment. Your infection may get worse or the bacteria may become resistant to the antibiotics if you stop taking this medication too soon.
What are the side effects of Cephadex?
Cephadex may cause some unwanted side effects in addition to its intended effects. Common side effects are:
- Stomach pain
- Allergic reaction
Severe side effects are:
- Inflammation if the colon
- Severe allergic reactions
- Low red blood cells count
- Low platelets count
Warning and Precaution
There are some things that you need to be aware of when using Cephadex. These are:
- Inform your physician if you have allergies or are allergic to any medications.
- Inform your physician if you are taking other medications including OTC drugs, vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Inform your physician if you are pregnant or a lactating mom.
- Inform your physician if you have a kidney or a liver problem.
- When taking this medication, finish the entire course of the treatment.