Why buy Candid Cream (Clotrimazole) for fungal infections?
Candid cream is effective in treating the following fungal infections:
- Oral thrush
- Jock itch
- Athlete’s foot
- Yeast infection of the vagina, skin and mouth
This medicine is frequently prescribed by most doctors to cure fungal infections because of its abrupt and long lasting effect. The effect of Candid cream is cumulative and stays in the body for 21 to 54 hours while the extended release form stays for 30 days. It is very effective to cure fungal infections at a very minimal cost.
How does Candid Cream (Clotrimazole) works?
Candid cream works by inhibiting the growth of individual fungal cells. The cream alters the cell wall of the fungi. It inhibits the biosynthesis of ergosterol required for cell membrane production. Candid cream limits the production of ergosterol which is an important component of fungal cell membrane. The disruption leads to the development of holes in the membrane and leakage of cell components. This results in the death of the fungi.
How to use Candid Cream (Clotrimazole)?
Candid cream should be used with your doctor’s advice. It is for external use only. Before using, clean the infected area and thoroughly dry it. Apply a thin layer of the medicine to avoid pilling the affected area. The dosage and time of treatment depend on the type of infection being treated. The most common dosage is once or twice daily preferably in the morning and evening as directed by the doctor. Do not use this product more often or longer than what is prescribed. Continue using this cream even if symptoms disappear after a few days.
What are the side effects of Candid Cream (Clotrimazole)?
Side effects are possible but they do not always occur. The following are some possible side effects:
- Peeling of skin
- Skin rashes
- Redness of the skin
- Blistering of kin
- Itching, burning and stinging of the skin
- Allergic reaction
Warnings and Precautions
The following are important points to consider in using Candid Cream as an antifungal medication:
- Wash hands before and after using Candid cream.
- Avoid sources of infections or reinfections.
- Avoid using other products on the treated area unless directed by the doctor.
- An excessive amount of this medicine may result in pilling hence use a thinner layer or lesser quantity to avoid pilling.
- Consult the doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, irritated, dry, chapped, or sunburned skin.