Why use Calaptin 80mg for hypertension?
Calaptin 80mg is a cost-effective medication against high blood pressure. It also prevents hypertension complications like stroke, heart attack and kidney problem. The onset of action of this medication occurs after 1 to 2 hours of taking. The duration of the effect will last for 6 to 8 hours. Calaptin 80mg tablet is available here for only $4.63 per 30 tablets of 80 mg.
How Calaptin 80mg works?
Calaptin 80mg tablet contains Verapamil as an active ingredient. It works by inhibiting the entry of calcium in the bloodstream. It also relaxes the contraction of the arterial smooth muscle so the heart does not have to pump blood hard. Calaptin 80mg tablet also increases the supply of blood and oxygen in the heart.
How to use Calaptin 80mg?
Take Calaptin 80mg exactly as directed by your physician. Take this tablet at the same time each day. The usual dose given is 40mg once a day. The dosage is dependent on the patient’s condition. The change of dose is according to the patient’s response. Swallow the tablet with a glass full of water. Do not chew or crush the drug.
What are the side effects of Calaptin 80mg Tablet?
Here are some of the commonly seen side effects of Calaptin Tablet:
- A headache and Dizziness
- Vomiting and Nausea
- Fatigue and Tiredness
- Stomach ache
Calaptin 80 mg Tablet may also lead to rare but serious side effects. In such cases, seek for medical help right away. Serious side effects include:
- Chest pain and irregular heartbeat
- Discomfort and Abdominal Pain
- Yellowish skin and eyes
- Itchiness and Rashes
- Severe Dizziness
This is not the whole list of the side effects of Calaptin Tablet.
Warnings and Precautions
Inform your doctor if you:
- Are Pregnant and Breastfeeding
- Have Heart and Liver problems
- Are taking a drug for Cancer and Hypertension
- Are recently had a heart attack
Things to be noted:
- Keep the medicine away from children and in a close tight container.
- Keep a record of all the medicines you are taking along with Calaptin
- Avoid taking alcohol and do not engage in works that need mental alertness
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly