Why use Calaptin 40mgTablet for high blood pressure?
Calaptin 40mg tablet is a calcium-channel blocker. It helps lower the blood pressure and prevents stroke, heart attack and kidney problem. It can help in the arterial blood flow. This can reduce blood pressure. The onset of action of this medication occurs after 1 to 2 hours of taking. The duration of the effect will last for 6 to 8 hours.
How Calaptin 40mg tablet works?
Calaptin 40mg tablet contains Verapamil as an active ingredient. It works by inhibiting the entry of calcium in the bloodstream. It also relaxes the contraction of the arterial smooth muscle so the heart does not have to pump blood hard. Calaptin 40mg tablet also increases the supply of blood and oxygen in the heart. Calaptin 40mg tablet is available here for only $3.59 per 30 tablets of 40 mg.
How to use Calaptin 40mg Tablet?
Always take Calaptin 40mg tablet as prescribed by your doctor. Take this tablet at the same time each day. The usual dose given is 40mg once a day. The dosage is dependent on the patient’s condition. The change of dose is according to the patient’s response. Swallow the tablet with a glass full of water. Do not chew or crush the Calaptin tablet. Always consult a doctor before you stop the intake.
What are the side effects of Calaptin 40mg Tablet?
Here are some of the commonly seen side effects of Calaptin Tablet:
- A headache and Dizziness
- Vomiting and Nausea
- Fatigue and Tiredness
- Stomach ache
Calaptin 40mg Tablet may also lead to rare but serious side effects. In such cases, seek for medical help right away. Serious side effects include:
- Chest pain and irregular heartbeat
- Discomfort and Abdominal Pain
- Yellowish skin and eyes
- Itchiness and Rashes
- Severe Dizziness
This is not the whole list of the side effects of Calaptin Tablet.
Warnings and Precautions
Inform your doctor if you:
- Are Pregnant and Breastfeeding
- Have Heart and Liver problems
- Are taking a drug for Cancer and Hypertension
- Are recently had a heart attack
Things to be noted:
- Keep the medicine away from children and in a close tight container.
- Keep a record of all the medicines you are taking along with Calaptin
- Avoid taking alcohol and do not engage in works that need mental alertness
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly